Sunday, January 30, 2011

Week #5 (and everything you missed from Week #4)

Week #4 Jam of the Week

I'm just getting around to posting this one. I cleaned up my apartment while listening to it and it sparked a whole week of listening to Jason Mraz, which equals a happy sunshiney musical outlook. Hooray!


D'Paul and I have been very good at going on dates this past week. We had dinner at one of our favorite spots, Woodberry Kitchen, last Saturday and it was super yummy as always. PS - I dressed like a pretty lady and wore my contacts and make up. I am getting better at this! Then, when the snow hit and it seemed silly to leave the house we had dinner at the Prime Rib for their restaurant week special! It is right in the lobby of our apartment building and also very delicious. Much more traditional than Woodberry. I wore a little black dress, heels, and lipstick on a Wednesday night. What a wild and crazy social butterfly lady I am!

Living Social had a great discount this week and it helps with my resolutions too. They offered tickets at half off for the American Visionary Art Museum, so I bought them, and I will go! Today marks the first Sunday of my vegetarian five day challenge for February. Woo. So far, so good. D'Paul and I are heading out for a run tonight. And when I say out, I mean up to the gym in our building.

In other news, I have made major progress on another of my on-going goals: financial stability. In the next year or so D'Paul and I will be moving out of our apartments and looking for a home that holds us both, our kittens, and our stuff. Whether that will be buying right away or renting remains to be seen. However, given the financial planning that goes into buying a house, I figure that I need to be planning NOW (if not years ago.) So, this week I paid off my car, set up a high interest savings at my bank, sent in direct deposit paperwork to the payroll people at work so they send what used to be the car payment into the new account, ordered my credit reports (one of which has already come in and is perfect,) and organized a savings plan. This may seem like a lot, but so is a 20% down payment on a house. Especially in Silver Spring, where D'Paul wants to live so we can be close to his family and DC. We have a lot planned in our future, we don't need to be worrying about whether or not we get a good rate on a mortgage loan. Also, 20% of a house that costs 300K is 60K. Think about the prospect of having to come up with that in cash and you'll scramble to plan too.

And apparently, my life is to be an indie rock video this week. Enjoy JOTW #5 - Down by the Water, The Decemberists

No comments:

Post a Comment