Monday, April 12, 2010

Many New Things

I am an actor, student, corporate grunt, girlfriend, LGBTQ activist, and all-around eclectic individual. In the last few weeks I've found my way to the completely un-unique idea that making a conscious effort to expand my limits could be very valuable. This notion probably began when I started the first two classes at JHU for my Master of Liberal Arts degree. I'm studying Indigenous Cultures, and Modern Sculpture - both of which are way outside my realm of expertise. In this same semester, a theatre group to which I belong rehearsed and opened our first show, a comedy - which is also not my area of greatest comfort as an actor.

QUICK PLUG - We're Iron Crow Theatre and, frankly, we are incredible. Three more chances to see our inaugural showing of In Durang's Shorts!

Back to me. I'm looking for things to do that will either:

A) Take me beyond my immediate comfort range or level of expertise.

or

B) Improve the rest of the world, score a few karma points, or inspire useful thoughts.

That should be easy! Right? I intend to be fearless (hence the name of the blog), until I become wildly afraid. I begin tonight with dance lessons, but not just any dance lessons. I'm taking a series of Bhatratnatyam dance lessons through JHU. Wish me luck! I'm going to need it...

No comments:

Post a Comment