Sunday, April 25, 2010

Last weekend was the closing weekend of In Durang's Shorts, the phenomenal piece of comedic theatre presented by Iron Crow Theatre that took Baltimore by storm! It was a wonderful ride, and we meet tonight to map out our next steps as a theatre company. Get ready world; we will rock you, in a manner similar to Freddie Mercury. In that, we are gay and fabulous. Follow? Excellent. More updates to follow.

Last weekend was also the first three day weekend I've taken in awhile. I don't have much time off, so I tend to save it up. I had a lot of fun on my days off, but I also wasn't terribly smart about how I scheduled them. I never take days off to relax, so what do I do when I finally have a day? I fill it up with activities! On Saturday, we went to the Baltimore National Aquarium to look at the fishies. I haven't been since I was in middle school. It's still really cool, and the shark room still gives me the creeps. It's amazing timing that I had the creepy live shark experience this week, because in the days following I stumbled upon Damien Hirst's The Physical Impossibility of Death in the Mind of Someone Living. Please enjoy:





Or if you prefer, how about this terrifying view?



That's a real tiger shark, preserved in formaldehyde. I think that my recent aquarium visit helped me "get" this piece when I found it this week. I used it in my presentation for my Modern Sculpture class. The artist, Damien Hirst is grouped in with the YBA (Young British Artists). This group also houses Sarah Lucas, a very cool artist, who was the focus of my presentation. I will be sure to go on about her at length in a future post.

After my day at the aquarium, we closed the show. On Sunday morning I participated in the MDSPCA's March For The Animals! D'Paul, Anna, and I had a great time marching as a pack.


I loved that the SPCA put the pack names on the shirts this year, so everyone knew that we were named The Cat's Pajamas! I'm a cat mom, but also an equal opportunity animal lover so it was great to see all the adorable pooches at the walk. Someday, when I have a house and a yard I will have a pug. I'm a teensy bit obsessed with them, so it's always a thrill when I meet one in person who is happy to meet me too. Check out my new friend! We played and snuggled for awhile. It was wonderful, and I promise I didn't steal him and take him home. Although who would blame me? We have the same smile!

I'm about to start a very sizable project, and I'll be announcing it in the coming days. It's pretty ambitious, but very exciting. I think it certainly goes along with my intentions to tackle new things and share them with the interwebs. Be on the lookout for a very cool, if not very nerdy announcement from me this week!


No comments:

Post a Comment