Sunday, August 15, 2010

Procrastination, Pastry, and Pace

I have two papers that are due for my Religion and 20th Century Drama class this Wednesday, so of course I'm choosing to update this instead. I will be brief, for even my procrastination knows that I have limited time between now and Wednesday to work.

I baked a loaf of bread this week. It looked and smelled beautiful. It was boring to eat. D'Paul said to throw out the recipe because it was no knead bread, which he says he doesn't believe in. It just doesn't exist. He's probably right. At least it made my apartment smell like I knew what I was doing.



Fall must be coming because in the last week I've started baking in my spare moments (which are few and far between), along with shopping for sweaters, and now the bread cravings have hit.  I ran to the store before coming to work this morning just to grab a delicious batard to go with my soup. Oh yes, I also made delightful cream of crab and corn chowder. It is thick, creamy, and spicy - and full of crab meat.

The picture here is from the next bread recipe that I plan to try. I will let you know if mine turns out as beautifully as the bread in the picture! I hope so...

I suppose that it's only appropriate to end a carb heavy post with some physically fit news. I plan to run the Baltimore Running Festival 5k this October. I ran it last year, and while I am a trail snail, finishing it (without stopping or walking, no less) was a great feeling of accomplishment. I am fond of feeling greatly accomplished, so if I can get the day off of work I will do it again. Now that I've frittered away 10 minutes of writing time, I should return to my essays. Au Revoir!

No comments:

Post a Comment